Sunday, April 7, 2019

US Postage Stamps & Antique Cars


Stamp Collecting Came Before Quilt Collecting


I recently stumbled upon a quilt that is what I call a Sampler Quilt of US Postage Stamps.  Now I am trying to track down the source of the pattern. Going down such research rabbit holes is what my life is all about. (At least postage stamps are easier to identify since they usually contain the name of the issuing country and sometimes the year, too.)


Does anyone recognize this pattern? 
















My guess is that the above quilt is a high-end import.



Speaking of Antique Cars 

Speaking of antique cars on postage stamps, here is a quilt in my collection with the antique cars as the quilt's sole theme.  It came out of an estate in Berks County, Pennsylvania. Love, love applique!  Still trying to track this pattern source, too. I'm pretty certain it was a commercial pattern, maybe from the 1940s or 50s.




And some detail photos of the three cars.







Thanks for dropping by!

Drop by again sometime!



2020 Update:  Found it finally! Yes, the above was a commercial quilt kit with pattern!   It was a Lee Ward's kit. 








No comments:

Post a Comment